Thursday, August 13, 2009

No way! Yeah Right! Don't tell him that!

Being the mom that I am sometimes, I just want to protect my kiddos from disappointment. I know this won't ever change and that is what I was thinking one afternoon last week. Nate has such good intentions and fab ideas, but this one I was sure was not going to work. He tells Cy that we are going fishing in our creek. Great, but don't get his hopes up. I said and thought "No way, yeah right and don't tell him that," we are not going to catch anything in the creek, it is way too small. Crawdads are great and all, but come on NO real fish live in our creek!!! Okay I was wrong!!! WAY WRONG! So maybe we won't we have fish for dinner from the creek, but for a 3 year old and an 18 month old, these fish were monsters! Thanks Dad you always do surprise us! That is why we love you!






Yes even I got in to the action, this is just 1 of the 3 that I caught. The total for the hour was at least 10! So fun!!




No comments: