Thursday, September 10, 2009

A couple more weekend firsts for this crew!

Over the weekend, we once again decided to branch out and try a couple of new things. I recently received a starter bag for some Amish Cinnamon bread. I had no clue what I was doing or what I had even received. Being the nervous cook that I am I was not too sure where to begin, or if I would really go through with it. But with a little encouragement and a day trying to gather the ingredients I gave it a try on Monday. I would have told you that neither Cy nor Nate would have been very interested in the final product, and really Colby eats anything so expectations for my crew were low. Boy was I mistaken, Cy and Nate could not get enough of it!Yummy is all that I can say. So glad that I ran into S.M. while out the other day, thanks friend! If you would like a starter let me know, b/c Nate made me promise that I would continue making it every 10 days forever!?!
Check out the finished product


While Mom bakes away, Dad gets Cy in to a stir over Dove hunting. So I agree to chill with my sweet Colby while the big boys head out on their first "real" hunting trip. This is as close as Colby got to the action. Wearing the sleeve from the shirt that Nate cut off for Cy to wear. No comment!
And they were off, with smiles all around and the probability of a short evening.


Several hours later, they finally called ready to eat and show off their loot. They maxed out for the day and they were so pumped. Nate was so proud of this newest hunting buddy!





3 comments:

Amanda Pilkinton said...

I would love a starter! Very fun. Cute pics of the boys.
Amanda

Big Nanny said...

Someone gave me a starter bag once and I tried...it was somewhat dense. I'm beginning to think that Cy already has his carry permit.

Jenny Ann said...

Good luck with the starter! I did one for about two months until I ended up making like 25 loafs. A little too much goodness for me.
p.s. Cy looks like Rambo.
Have Fun!!