Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What will you be doing in 2 weeks from today?

I will be packed in a van with 9 other people, I really don't know super well and on the adventure of a lifetime. I can't wait!!!! I just yesterday received an email with 2 pics attached. They are the only pics any of us have seen from the orphanage we are headed to. I can't stop looking at them. One is a group shot of about 6 kiddos, one girl and the rest boys. A couple are smiling, most are not. That is why I am going. If for just one week I can give all 6 of them a hope, a future and an experience with a Father that loves them then my heart will be happy. The amazing thing about my God is that I know He will do SO MUCH more.
The other pic is of a little guy about my Cy's age. This smile spells nothing but TROUBLE! I love it. Being a reserved, modest, conservative person, I wondered how freely I would be able to love and give. I have taught kiddos in school that go home to nothing that even looks like love, kiddos that have witnessed violent crimes and others that are so behind the world tells them "no way." Since seeing see those 7 sweet little faces I know that nothing will be stopping me from loving on them will all my heart. There will be more to this experience than I can even imagine. Emotions experienced that may never leave me, but I know that the call was there, I have responded and Here I Go.
Pray for me, pray for all 3 of my sweet boys and pray for those 7 (plus 40 more) faces that will forever be a part of me in just 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I will pray!!
~Heather

sonya said...

tiff,
i am so very proud of you for stepping out like this. what a huge leap of faith...will miss you & pray for you & all those sweet babies you will meet...
xoxo