Sunday, February 13, 2011

update for my super helpers

okay, so i never really got the "best" plan figured out for this sweet mom, but i was able to help with some grocery shopping and lunch items. thanks so much to those who donated! i am still trying to stay on top of the eating situation and unfortunately the housing situation is about to change so we will just see where that road leads!

i am planning to celebrate the sweet little ones 2nd birthday at the end of the month. i hope to take the cookies and maybe even buy my first ever set of 'dora' bday plates! this is the little girl that i am trying to help her mom with the food situation. i do not plan on bringing toys or elaborate gifts. however, i am going to collect any personal hygiene items you might have laying around. she needs a tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, and shampoo, maybe hair accessories? i don't want to overwhelm or make a show out of these items. these are just a few things that i know she needs and right now her mom is not able to buy these.

i love a good birthday and want this mom and daughter to have just a small idea of what celebrating a person can feel and look like! if you want to help, let me know! if not please join me in praying for these sweet girls as they try to face life in a slightly more challenging way.

2 comments:

My 3 G 's said...

Garrett and I had planned to get food, but I saw this and we got some things for her tonight. My phone lost all my contacts so call me when you get this.

Ashley said...

We have some Dora dolls that I would love to share!!!

I also have LOTS of toothpaste hanging around from donations (the church has a case in the kitchen too if you know of a place it can go)