Sunday, March 1, 2009

A weekend so fun it takes two posts!

This was one super fun and very busy weekend for my crew. We had to celebrate two special birthdays on Saturday afternoon and had a blast doing it. First we hit Miss L.'s 1st b-day with its circus theme, and it was decorated fabulous. All went well until Rocket the clown showed up and then all went down hill for the Lankford boys. Here is the picture of Cy crying when he first saw the clown. I do not have a pic of Colby, but he was so upset when the clown's nose accidentally fell off that we had to step outside just to calm him down. In the pic you can see the fun popcorn boxes, nacho baskets and tubs of cotton candy.
I had to include this pic of me and my boys sporting our brand new t-shirts. These adorable tees are being sold to help support the adoption of my new niece the will come from Ethiopia later this year. If you would like to help bring this sweet little girl home, leave me a comment and I will give you more details. (obviously, the clown was still close and we were not happy)

Cy did start to enjoy things a little more, once his Aunt Dane Dane started painting faces! We were sooo proud of our batman face that we even managed to give the clown a high five as we were leaving.


We finished party one and headed over to celebrate Miss S's 3rd bday. This was a dance party and Cy was ready to "move it, move it." As soon as we arrived our favorite songs were playing and both of my boys jumped on the stage and began to boogie! We like dancing around here and thought the dance party was a great way to end the afternoon. Happy birthday to both of our sweet girls.

Two parties down and we still felt that this crew could handle a little more. So we meet up with the cousins and grabbed some dinner at Logans* I think there is a game called "monkeys in a barrel," well that phrase also applies here~







No comments: