Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why am I so surprised?

....that God is so much more than I can even try to expect or understand?
All I can say is that I prayed He would show us if and which one when we went to the Korah meeting tonight. Nate already knew we would do it and really so did I, but I didn't know how we would ever really decide or choose. (Like it was ever my choice anyway!!) She has pigtails, no known family and is 9 years old. God reminded me of sweet Keoshina that we left in Costa Rica. There was never any doubt from the minute I stopped and saw her. So she will be given the chance to have hope, to have dreams and to have a future, all by going to school this fall. We are rejoicing in the Lankford house tonight. Already she has blessed our lives more than she will ever know. Sweet Cy is so worried about why she has no family, why she eats trash and will she get to go live with her teachers at her new school. The questions are tough for a 3 year old, but they are also so tough for me. God knows, and He has a mighty plan.

My heart is happy tonight!!
Not sure that I can put her (oh Mealat, is her precious name) pic on here, but if I can I will soon!

Oh and if you want some of this good stuff, let me know and I will direct you straight to this amazing ministry!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

cool stuff! now you have your own ethiopian princess to pray for and change her world!

amazing:)

ohand you must show me her pic very very soon!

love you-