Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Catch up!

Lots of stuff has been going on around here since last post. On Friday night we were ready to cheer on the Patriots against my Alma mater, Centennial. Page was supposedly considered the underdogs, but came out fired up and ended up winning the game. It was awesome and Cy had a blast! Here he is stopping for 2 minutes to eat a little snack since he is always too excited to eat at the tailgate before the game. Yuck, the popcorn was so stale that only a 2 year old would have touched it!!

Then on Saturday night, Nate and I left the boys with Grandma and Pep and headed downtown Nashville. It has actually been 10 years since I graduated high school and we were off to a bar downtown to have the reunion. As we were driving down I started to get a little nervous about how the evening would go, but I was VERY pleased. We had about 260 in our class and only 60ish showed up, but it was a fun 60 that were there. Not sure how many of those friends I will see again before the 20 year reunion, but it was fun to see them this time. Other than one person having 6 kids?!?, I actually had the most otherwise. So needless to say we were all still at different points in our lives. It was a fun night and Nate and I were proud to have stayed out until 10. What party animals we are!!

Colby had a fun first over the weekend. We took him out of the bucket and let him join us at the table for meals now! Yes he is sitting in a high chair enjoying some breakfast. The only problem with this is that he is really in to swiping things from the table. I have started to call him "Swiper" from Dora, b/c he is ALWAYS swiping something from his brother. It is fun to have him at the table and watch him try to cram Puffs in to his mouth.


And lastly, even though he is making some silly face in the picture here is Cy getting ready for the first day of preschool yesterday. I was not sure how it was going to go, considering we cried EVERY day last year. So I was really talking up how much fun our new teachers were going to be this year. Being the control mom that I am, I was super worried about one thing! Cy going to potty. I know that some of you will give me dirty looks when you read this, but yes Cy is a champ at going to potty. He has been wearing pullups/underwear really since June. But just this week have I let go and gone to underwear all day, everyday! So going to school has made me very nervous. I did not want him to have an accident and get upset. Well, he did GREAT and Mrs. R was on her game. No accidents and he even stayed dry though nap!! I am so proud of him and I am bragging on him, it is nothing Nate or I did!!!!
When he got in the car from school and I asked how it went his only answer was "I cried!" Which yes, did break my heart, but he did talk about painting his hand so I know he was fine. He even napped on his mat, something that did not happen once last year! So we will go again tomorrow and see how it goes! Maybe no crying this time, probably not, but I can hope!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Take credit where credit is due mom, potty training is a family affair... AND YOU DID IT!