Monday, February 2, 2009

Not exactly what I was expecting!

So last Friday I took Colby in for his 12 month checkup. I assumed this was another checkup that would consist of a weight check, a height check and a good head measurement. I am sure most moms do not focus on the head check b/c most kids have relatively normal sized heads. Well unfortunately for this mom that is not the case. You see large heads run in our fam. Actually I think they run on Nate's side of the family, but that is beside the point! So Colby does great for the head measurement and then cries through the exam just for fun, and to stress me out. All is great except, oh his head is really big and his soft spot is not closing. This was not exactly what I wanted to hear, b/c then our sweet dr. says we can not wait any longer we must know what is causing this soft spot issue. The big head is really okay, but not with the soft spot issue. So our visit quickly goes from almost over to drawing lots of blood and setting up our CT scan for this morning. YUCK!! We were given 3 probable explanations and they were not too bad. The first was that this was simply Colby and his head was just going to be big and his soft spot would close in time. Best option obviously! The other two dealt with a possible thyroid problem or even worse, some excess fluid on his brain. After a weekend of enlisting prayer warriors on Colby's behalf, I had peace in my heart and went in for the scan this morning. It did take 3 tries, but eventually they had a pic that would tell us the answer to one of our three options. Praise the Lord, the radiologist came right in and calmed my worst fear that it was NOT fluid on the brain. He said it looked great and that nothing bad was going on! I was not ready to call off the troops yet, but this afternoon, the dr. office called and said no thyroid problems either!! YEAH!! So this is just an issue Colby has and we do not know when it will close, but as far as we can tell, it will close in its own time and that is perfect. I wrote all of this to remind myself that God is good, all the time and when He provides we must remember to give Him the glory!! I pray that you too will remember to give Him the glory today and everyday.

No comments: