Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy 30th Bec!

Today is one of my dear friends 30th birthday!
Last night we went to celebrate with several of her friends from all aspects of her life. It was great. She had her Sunday school friends present, her "carpool" gang present and then her "old school" friends. That is the category that I fall into. Bec and I have been friends since about 7th grade. She was much cooler than me in middle school, but we were both in the nerdy classes so I am not sure that says very much for either of us!! We thought we were the coolest, again that is not saying much, our freshman year and had a blast being goofballs. Eventually we went to different schools and then a long way apart for college, but our friendship always picked right back up. Then she made the super random decision to go to Michigan for grad school. Yuck, I thought, but she did find her great husband there. I was so pumped when they moved back a couple of years ago and we hang out when we can. She has been patiently waiting on the Lord to bless her with a sweet baby for a couple of years and my heart still leaps at the fact that she is currently 13 weeks along! Can't wait to meet the newest Baldwin and see what the Lord has in store for this chapter of our friendship. Happy B-day friend!

1 comment:

Rebecca B said...

Okay, that's just not fair. You should not write such sweet things about someone that has massive amounts of hormones racing through their body. Thank you so much friend. I'm so glad you and your family are part of my life. Thank you for the prayers and support. Can you believe we've been friends for something like 18 years? And, by the way, I was not cooler...just maybe louder :) Love you!