Tuesday, November 9, 2010

my day....

3 tiny babies..... 3 heads of dark black hair....3 moms trying to figure it out too early in their young lives....3 situations where i was WAY out of my comfort zone.... 3 times i said please call me, i am ready to help in any way.... 3 times i took a tiny gift and walked away with a HUGE blessing.... i had an amazing day and can't wait to see what happens next with this plan of His.....


*as a mom you never know what will really leave an impression. today as i traveled to visit a young mom, i headed to a very unfamiliar neighborhood for me. however, i remembered that one time when my mom took us into a similar neighborhood to help. that was all the encouragement i needed. i knew it was okay and just right. when i mentioned it tonite at dinner to my brother, he knew exactly what i was talking about.... thanks mom *

5 comments:

Meri Robin said...

praying (and dreaming) about your mission. Its going to be huge.
Eyes on Him!
rc

Anonymous said...

that's fan-tas-tic! very excited for you!

Dana said...

I, too, have missed this blog...SO glad you finally have a computer again! Even though I keep up with most of these memories first hand, it is sweet to sit down and see them...and linger on the blessings we hold daily. So thankful for YOU these days, Tiff. Not sure what I'd do without you...xoxo dane

Mary-Kate said...

Hey, I would love to help! I've got lots of stuff that MH has already outgrown, etc...

And I would love to help in other ways too! Would love to go with you one day to meet the single moms!

Next time you're in the neighborhood, stop by the house and I'll get some goodies ready for you!

Anonymous said...

Tiff:
I must say that I haven't been on your blog. mom gave it to me. She assured me that I have missed a lot! Truly I have. To be honest, i don't get on anyone's blog. (or should I say didn't) I have a blog of my own that I started when zander was about 3 months old and i haven't been on it in over a year. No time really. I work so much and seems like every waking moment away that i'm not at work, i want and need to love on my boys and watch their every "Watch MOM!". you understand i know. So, all this to say, i love seeing your blog. It is precious, I too want to live LIFE more freely and more from day-to-day....I want to be in contact and connect more with family. With Joey and Court going all the way to Africia....it makes you want to live and love that much more those who are so close. Because you never know when they may not be that close. Forgive me (us) for not being in contact more.....but we don't even get w/ family right next door like we should either....we always say that we are SO BUSY! I'm going to do better. I'm going to stop using that as an excuse! Take time. Time is all we have now....then Eternity!
I love you and your dear sweet family. I thank God that we were able to share some time and some memories w/ you at the park. God bless you while you miss your dear Court and we promise to lift you and your family up to the Lord. It must be so hard. Maybe we will get with you all over the holidays. Hope so. love julia