Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Operation Essentials......

as we head into the wonderful, and super crazy holiday season my heart is beating fast again for something else. i need to be obedient again and offer to help. i have been working with about 7 young moms this fall. i know their names, most of their stories, their sweet babies and even the inside of their homes. they come from all different situations, but all are trying to make it in one way or another. some of them are currently trying harder than others, some have more frustrating teen attitudes. but they all brought a tiny life into this world and those little babies need a voice. that is part of my heart cry as well. they have needs that honestly some of their moms can't meet....

so my new request for help comes along the line of ESSENTIALS. they need DIAPERS, WIPES, AND FOOD.




diapers: b/c some days they only have enough to


change their babies once or twice all day,


no matter what.




wipes: b/c if diapers are not being changed often and


wipes don't get used, baby skin suffers.




food: b/c some little toddlers are not getting any


healthy food items. period!!




yes, some of my momma friends get help from higher sources (the government), but even those don't get diaper help. all of these essentials are costly, but so needed.




if you have extras of any of these or just happen to be out and want to throw a pack in your buggy PLEASE let me know! nothing fancy, or expensive. just the basics will work. i plan to make several home visits with these essentials closer to Christmas. 1 friend helping will be great, 2 will be amazing, but i can't wait to see how big our God is in something like this!!!


the babies range in age from 3 weeks to 18 months. i need all sizes of diapers. also all types of food, baby food to easy toddler meals.

thanks!!! and if you don't know what i am doing go back to the end of september and you can read about this crazy idea God laid on my heart!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You know I am in!!! I am SO PROUD to call you friend!

Ash

Mary-Kate said...

I'm in 100% - want me to get some items to Ashley or do you want to swing by after you visit your mom? Message me on facebook!

Rachel said...

We are in Tiffany, I am so glad that you are doing this, let me know when you need the items by.