Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Birthday Week fun!

In case you have not spent much time around me in the past, once the month of July begins it usually means it is time to start celebrating!! My birthday that is!! I am a HUGE fan of all birthdays, not just mine. But my birthday usually does require several small gatherings and times for everyone to hang out. I actually am not usually one for attention, I really just like that all of my friends want to hang out and visit me! My birthday is Friday, but Nate and I started the week off on Sunday night celebrating. We went to some very classy, high end stores (Target and Old Navy) and picked out a few new tops and such. It was great. We then went to dinner and over to see the rest of the Lankfords at the concert at Carnton. Then we ended the night with one last stop at Walmart to buy diapers and the birthday date was complete. I loved every minute of it, thanks Nate. And thanks to Pepe and Grandmo for keeping the boys.
Like I said I love to celebrate all birthdays, so Monday started out with a trip over to the pool to help Gracey turn 2. All the kiddos swam and had Cy's favorite, pizza! What a great way to start off the birthday week!



Tonight we are headed to a fundraiser for Poppi at George Jones' home. Don't be too jealous, I mean everyone dreams of a George Jones concert for their b-day!! It should be fun and I have a new dress to debut. Hopefully I will have pics to post tomorrow about it. Thanks for letting me ramble on about the beginning of the birthday week.

Oh, but I have REALLY wanted to post a blog about the book I read on vacation. I am now on my second time going through it! It is incredible, oh and it is called "The Shack." It is a little rough at the beginning so don't be scared off, b/c I still smile just thinking about how great it ends up being. If you are looking for a read that makes your heart happy and your desire to know and love the Lord more, please consider this book! It will truly amaze and surprise you!

3 comments:

sonya said...

dana told me i had to read "the shack"- do you have her copy? i have heard such great things about it... gotta get started reading it!

Jenny Ann said...

Happy Birthday from a fellow Birthday lover.

Amanda Pilkinton said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Friend!