Friday, July 11, 2008

It made my heart happy to go.. to Walmart?

Yes, that is correct a simple trip to Walmart last night made my heart happy. Recently my grandparents moved up to Franklin from Dickson to live at Legacy Crossing. I believe it was a wonderful move and they are really starting to get settled in. The problem is that they are so settled in they have not been out. Except for the occasional trip to a doctors visit they really have not gone anywhere else. My wonderful mom has had them over to her home several times, which is also a great break. So yesterday I volunteered to go grab a few groceries for them, but as we sat eating dinner last night I had an idea. I told Nate I sure wished that we could go get them and take them to Walmart with us. Well you never have to tell Nate that you wish something could happen, b/c he is always up for making it happen. So I was determined to go get them and make them come even if they resisted. What would a brief stroll through Walmart hurt after dinner? So we set out in two cars, b/c I have too many kids to fit them and the grandparents in the car together, and went to kidnap them. Well the kidnapping was a breeze and all I had to do was suggest it and they were headed for the door. They were so excited and so were we!! Ladies, imagine that feeling we get when we are all alone and get to wander through Target or the mall like it is the first time we have ever seen it. I know that is how they felt, they had not been out shopping with help like this in so long. Our trip lasted a little over an hour, but it was great and I am so thankful for the opportunity to do things like this. My Nan called by 9 this morning to thank us again. Even without the call I knew it was one of the best hours I spent this week. Stopping to make someone else smile is so rewarding, I hope to do it again very soon!


Oh and the fav foto Friday is of our picnic in the garage today. We were in search of a fun activity and lunch in the garage sounded like a perfect idea!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Lunch in the garage - how fun!! Who'd a thunk it?

Anonymous said...

you're a great mom Tiff!
so glad to be able to see you and your boys on here every once in a while.
the garage idea was so good :)
love u all