Monday, July 7, 2008

The end of a wonderful birthday week!!

And what a great weekend it was to end the fun week! On Thursday night we had a few friends over to help celebrate the birthday and the beginning of the long weekend. The ladies played a few rounds of the super fun game Catch Phrase while the guys(big kids) played the Wii and Rock Band. It was great and of course my mom out did herself with the cake, yummy ice cream, and dipped strawberries. Thanks so much to all my friends and fam that made the night so much fun!!


On Friday the actual big day, we hung out by the Hut all day. We ate yummy food and played with our wonderful friends, the Pilkintons!! Thanks so much guys for coming to swim and just relaxing with us. That afternoon, several members of my moms extended family came in to town and we had a great dinner with them. Nate lead the water aerobics for my grandmother, grandfather and great aunt. He did great with all of them. I must admit though that we did not make it to any fireworks. Nate and the boys were all pooped from the day so we took everyone home and watched the Nashville fireworks in our bed that night. It was a wonderful birthday.

Saturday we hit the campaign trial for some fun in Lawrenceburg on the square. Well we missed most of the fun and by the time we arrived we were able to meet and greet about 7 people! Oh well, I did find an awesome treasure. As most of you know, we hope to move soon and build a new house. I have no clue where to start when it comes to something like that, but I did have one idea for my new kitchen. I would like to start a small, collection of cool antique cookie jars! I saw something like the idea in a magazine once and thought it would be super fun. And since Nate is a PROUD gun collector I wanted to get in on the action of collecting something. Anyway, long story short, I bought my first jar in Lawrenceburg. It is really fun, and will be keeping my eye out for more treasures along the way. Oh back to the campaigning, we were also supposed to attend a fish fry that night in Prospect, TN. Well, we went, we saw and we did not eat fish. Actually the 2000 people we expected to be there were NO WHERE IN SIGHT!!! Oh well, it was a fun adventure.
Sunday ended with yet another birthday celebration, this one was actually for Uncle Drason. We had a blast hanging out at the land, eating hot dogs and letting the kiddos play in the creek. Thanks Aunt Sonya for getting us all together.





It was a great birthday week! Thanks to everyone that helped make it special to me!!!

2 comments:

sonya said...

tiff-
loved spending time with you on your b-day weekend! so excited about your first cookie jar... you are at least one cookie jar closer to your new kitchen :) thank you so much for sending me those pics so quick~ you rock. love you

Taider Totes said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. I was very happy that I could celebrate with you. Thanks for inviting me. Now that I know you are collecting something, I will definitely be keeping my eyes open. Love you!