Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is it really gone??

What you may say? The passie as we call it at our house, or the pacifier as I think it is usually referred to. Cy was invited over the weekend to have a spend the night at his Nonni's house on Sat. night with this two big cousins! They had a blast and it was the first official spend the night just for fun. Well all went great and he was returned safely on Sun. morning. The problem was that his favorite night night and passie were not returned. I decided to take the plunge and see how it would go without the passie. I compromised and found our school night night and that worked fine. But I just plain fibbed and said that passie was at Non's and we were out of luck. Of course being a mom, I had a huge stash full of extras in the drawer, but this was an experiment people!! Amazing enough we have not gotten it back since. And we are all sleeping and napping peacefully again today. I had to warn the school teachers not to let it slip there, but he did fine they said. So much to the little bit of sadness in my heart, Cy has not had a passie in 3 days and he is okay with it. I am a little sad, b/c he is only 2 1/2 and we already sleep in a big bed, go potty like a big boy and now no passie! I just want to point out that Cy was not a casual passie friend! He LOVED the thing it stayed in his mouth the entire first year of preschool. So this is a big step for my little guy, or should I say my big brother, and I am proud of him. Now little brother and his thumb maybe a whole different story!!!!

No comments: