Saturday, May 10, 2008

Waiting on my big guy.....






We made it safely home from sunny Florida around 1 a.m. this morning. I had Sonya in the car with me to keep me up and help me feed all the children. The ride was fine, except that poor Cy would not give it up. He did nap from 9 until 10 but after that he saw us all the way into the drive way. Wow midnight with a 23 month old is not so fun. Poor Sonya had never seen the movie Cars until she rode with us this week, now I think she could recite it from memory. We watched it several times to say the least.

We had a blast in Florida and once Cy settled in to being on vacation with his cousins and all the excitement he did much better. Just a little overwhelming when you are used to just chilling with mom all the time. He did great wearing his water wings and jumping in the pool to me. I really had fun swimming with him. Colby continued to "chill" all trip and had a good time eating, sleeping and kicking his feet! I have included some of my favorite pics from the trip. The arrival of Nonni on Tuesday really helped all the little guys out. I mean how much fun is the beach with your grandma in tow. She did everything from build tents with the boys to color with Briley, and yes she did lead them in the pledge of allegiance one morning. Cy is covering his heart with a banana in the picture?!? Not sure why the little guys are sideways, but they were too cute not to post!

That leads me to now, I am just waiting. I should be napping, since my guys are but I am just too excited to see my big guy, Nate. I know he is going to have so many fun stories to tell and amazing pictures to show. I can't wait to hear all about it. I also cannot wait to see sweet Cy when he finally gets to see his Dad. We have really been talking him up today in preparation for the big arrival. I am going to take both boys to the airport tonight to meet Nate and all the other guys from the trip. It should be an adventure. I think all our little friends like Will and Sophie will be there as well so it should be fun. I have a permanent smile on my face this afternoon, through tired eyes as I wait for my sweet husband to return. Enjoy the pics and I hope to have fun Nicaragua stories to tell soon.

No comments: