Saturday, August 2, 2008

August means it is time for the Fair!!!

We decided to kick the month of August off with a bang around here at the Lankford house. Two years ago we walked in the Fair 5K and decided to give it another try this morning. Well new year, new course, and new kid to push added for a little more challenge this morning. Nate was so sweet to help me by pushing BOTH boys up the giant hill at the end of the course. I was convinced I was going to die at that point. It was tons of fun and check out the Pilkinton blog to see more pics of us before we started the race and looked a little more refreshed. My mom and I had decided a couple of weeks ago that we would match at the race so here we are in the latest sportswear line from Target! Go Us!!

I will say that our outfits must have brought us good luck, Mom won 1st in her division. Dad pulled out a 3rd place victory as well! Hey and Nate and I both finished 3rd in ours. We will not mention out of how many. All that matters was that they announced our names over the loud speaker. Again, Go Us!!

The boys did a great job riding and we rewarded Cy with a little time at the fair. We let him ride a horse that he really did enjoy, surprising for Cy if you know him that well!

Then over to the Little 1's Farming area where Cy loved everything about it! Especially the ice cream treat at the end. We will have to go back again before the week is over.

Unfortunately for my sweet Colby he is again running a fever, which I now do not think is related to his shots from earlier this week. He hung in the best he could, but man was it hot on a little sick guy!! Stay tune for more fair updates, Mom and I will start helping with the pageants tomorrow afternoon. That is a highlight for us both!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Way to go racers!
I didn't know ya'll were helping with the pageants again?! Fun! I might've signed Bri up again if I'd have known. Not sure we could have topped last year though! Oh well!
Hope the little guy heals up soon!
:)court

Ashley said...

FUN STUFF! THe boys cannot wait to go, me not so much.

Hey...can you squeeze a cute Hispanic baby into the pageant... only kidding.