Friday, August 15, 2008

Suggestions

Okay Moms, I need a little help. I hope to get Cy a big boy bed in the very near future, but have no clue where to look for one. I need one that will hold up with the wild "boys"(including Nate) that I have around here, but that is not too expensive. I just want to get him a cute little twin bed. Also where should I look for fun, boy bedding. I mean the girl stuff out there is so stinking cute, but their has to be something for little guys. Please send me any suggestions or ideas. I do not want it all to match, but some cute cars, trucks, boats, or other boy things will work! Thanks so much!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Pottery Barn bedding, but do not get it often... I have found it on e-bay though. Also try Company Kids... they have fun kids stuff... and Target ON LINE has more than they carry in the store... from what I hear it is what PB used to sell a few seasons back??? I also did Denim comforters for the 2 younger boys bunks and then just switching out the sheets for new decor is much less expensive.(right now we are in the pirate theme)

Honestly we went "forever furniture" on the beds and bought them at Sprintz and the last one at USA Baby, but if you want to wait until you decide what you want for sure, when Baylor first went to a big boy bed I just did mattress and box springs on a bed frame and it worked perfect (up against the wall)

Courtney said...

i found Brax's football quilt at no other than WalMart- it is just blue with red ticking as the outline of balls-not too flashy- and then just plain red sheets- i agree with ashley- I love PB but you have to catch a good deal- i found Bri's bedding at TJMaxx and it looks like PB-

i think you know our bunk is just from rooms to go and we love it- the bottom is low to the ground and somewhat enclosed so no bedrails needed-

good luck! can't believe it's boy bed time at your house!

Big Nanny said...

You can get a good quality mattress and box springs at Costco/Sams for around 299 and just place it on a plain bed frame until you decide what kind of furniture you want.

Tonya Lee said...

I've always gotten Jackson's at Target. I got the twins' Pottery Barn bedding on E-Bay which was a lot cheaper and they often throw in matching accesories like lamps, valences or sheets for free.