Monday, August 18, 2008

A few firsts this weekend!

Colby is now doing really great at sitting up and actually is able to tolerate it for longer than 5 seconds. He still prefers to lay on his tummy and try to go places, but I am not encouraging that too much! This weekend we put our house back on the market. This brings me to my first, "first" of the weekend. Yes that is Cy standing in the window sill high up in the air cleaning the window. When I handed the Windex to Nate and asked him to clean the top part of the window, with the ladder sitting right there in the garage, this is what I got. Nothing should surprise you around here though! He took his window cleaning assignment very seriously and the bird poo is now gone!

Next we have Colby eating Puffs for the "first" time ever. We (actually his father again) bummed some puffs from our cousin Barron and tried them on Saturday night. Wow did we chew like we were something special. I am actually really glad that we can do these now, so that I have something to keep him occupied during our meals.

Then we have the "first" sink bath that my two have taken together. This is the first bath Colby has had actually sitting up. He was much more up for it than his cautious brother who was not too sure about bathing in Nonni's sink! If only I had a sink this large, it was a great way to get everyone clean with out having to bend over the side of the tub the entire time!

And today was our "first" time to let Colby drive the buggy with his big brother. It worked great, except for the couple of times I took off to fast and sent Colby flying backwards! OOPS!! Cy actually stayed in the cart longer since he was showing his little brother the ropes of driving in Publix!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

what big boys you have...
i love them so much!
love, aunt courtney

Amanda Pilkinton said...

They are soooo cute in the sink picture. Yea, Colby on sitting up!!! See you soon!
Amanda

Emilee Caralee said...

Cy in the window sill cracked me up! That is totally something Nathan would do!

sonya said...

it made me smile from ear to ear to see those boys taking a sink bath! some of my favorite memories are of sink baths in mom's basement with as many kiddos as they could pile in... so fun.
xoxo