Monday, August 4, 2008

Colby update

Okay for those of you that saw my man at church yesterday morning, he looked and felt pretty rough. Here is how our afternoon and evening went yesterday with my sweet buddy. Colby had been running a fever since Wednesday afternoon, that we first thought came from his 6 month shots. Well by yesterday afternoon when it was still almost 103 I finally called. I had called on Thursday afternoon, but they told me to just wait and see. This time when I called they wanted us to come in. So I took Colby to see wonderful Dr. C yesterday around 2:30. Two hours later, and one failed catheter attempt later, we were off to Vandy ER. They could not figure out why my man was running the temp and had such a high WBC count. So around 5, Nate, Colby and I arrived at the ER to settle in for a long night!! They did the chest xray, as well as 2,yes 2, more catheter attempts before finally getting any results. I can honestly say I have now prayed for my child to urinate. That part was the worst of the entire experience. After 4 hours they sent us home with strict orders to go back to our ped. in the morning to check us out again. Their diagnosis was virus. Thank goodness really! So I took Colby back this morning to see Dr. B and over night we managed to get an ear infection. This is really good news, b/c it can be treated and we should start to feel better soon. Dr. B was still a little concerned about a possible bladder infection, so we will wait a couple more days to see if that turns up. We are praying that it does not, b/c that will probably not be the best case scenario. But for now, sweet Colby is sleeping off his cold virus and his ear infection. I am a very happy and tired mom!

3 comments:

Michael and Jana said...

I'm so glad it was only a virus. We've been through ER visits much like that. I know how exhausting that can be. I hope you get some good rest in the next few days.

Kyla said...

I am so sorry! I feel that virus should be spelled Virs because it is DEFFINATELY a 4 letter word!

sonya said...

tiff,
didn't know colby had been feeling so rotten. i hate that for you both. livi has a bit of a fever today too ~ but just a cold i think. no fun.